httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Albert Lash" <albert.l...@gmail.com>
Subject mod proxy, path rewrite, and digest authentication
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:27:01 GMT
Hello,

Is this the right place to ask about mod proxy and digest auth with a
uri change from proxy to back-end server?

I'm wondering how to carry the original request-uri through to the
digest stage. I spent a few hours working on this and my notes are
here:

http://www.docunext.com/blog/2008/03/16/digest-versus-proxy/

At the moment, it seems rather impossible, but the rfc suggests some
ideas like proxy-authentication and digest-uri getting repeated when a
proxy rewrites the path. I also found some comments in the
mod_auth_digest.c code that suggests the code is aware that a proxy
can change the path.

Thanks for any thoughts.

--
My Blogs: