httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Subra A Narayanan" <aswat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sending large file as attachment to clients
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:53:35 GMT
Thanks for the replies guys. I will try ur suggestions once I get to work
today. Just a few more questions:

> Check out the various filter/bucket brigade examples. This may do just
> what you want. I've used it to 'gate' the final sending for things ike
> throttling and keeping buggy telco bearer boxes happy.

Dirk: Do you remember any filter/bucket off the top of ur head that I can
look at?

> Samuel was aiming the right direction.  If you can read in pieces of the
> data to send, you should be able to loop over that reading a chunk of
> data, then sending it, then reading a chunk the same size (same block,
> for example), and continuing until the data has been sent.  Try that to
> see if you obtain a different result.

Joe: Do you mean this:

while(!EOF)
{
   Read chunk of data;
   ap_rwrite(objBuffer, bufferLen, request);
}

Can I use the ap_rwrite function for sending chunks of data too? Or should I
be using some other function in the API for this?

I will test out these suggestions and report my findings asap.

Thanks!