httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Subra A Narayanan" <aswat...@gmail.com>
Subject Module conflict - Help
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 17:05:33 GMT
Hello folks,

I am working on a large project with a bunch of other developers. As part of
my work I wrote an Apache module. I deployed the module using the following
directives in a separate conf file:

/etc/httpd/conf.d/mymodule.conf

Here are the contents of my file

*LoadModule my_module /usr/local/mymodule/lib/libmod_my.so*
<Location /photos>
#       SetHandler my_module
</Location>

So when I would type in http://localhost/mymodule, I would get a welcome
page for my module

Everything was working perfectly fine until another developer from the team
made this entry in the httpd.conf file

# LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so

# AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi

<VirtualHost *:888>
    #ServerAdmin webmaster@example.com
    *DocumentRoot /var/www/rails/gui/public*
    #ServerName www.example.com
    #ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/testapp-error_log
    #CustomLog /var/log/httpd/testapp-access_log common
    Options Indexes ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine On
        LoadModule fcgid_module modules/mod_fcgid.so
        addHandler fcgid-script .fcgi
<Directory /var/www/>
        Options Indexes ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride all
        #AddHandler fcgid-script .fcgi
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Now when I try http://localhost/mymodule, I get a page not found 404 error.
Neither is my co-worker able to bringup his gui app using
http://localhost:888 <http://localhost/mymodule>

If I comment out this line from above
*DocumentRoot /var/www/rails/gui/public

*my module starts working. For my coworkers gui app to work, he has to
comment out this line from mymodule.conf file:

*LoadModule maui_module /usr/local/maui/lib/libmod_maui.so

*
Any idea as to why this conflict is happening?

Thanks so much for any help/pointers

Subra