httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: Sending large file as attachment to clients
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 02:53:21 GMT
Subra A Narayanan wrote:
> Thanks for ur reply Samuel!
>
> Maybe you can read part of the blob with a function like MySQL's SUBSTR.
>

> I can easily read small chunks of data from my datastore. I guess the
> problem that I am trying to solve here - how to send chunks of data as a
> HTTP response without having to read in and store a large file/object in
> memory.
>

> Subra

Samuel was aiming the right direction.  If you can read in pieces of the
data to send, you should be able to loop over that reading a chunk of
data, then sending it, then reading a chunk the same size (same block,
for example), and continuing until the data has been sent.  Try that to
see if you obtain a different result.

Joe