httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Arnab Ganguly" <agangul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query on deletion of Request pool
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 02:51:51 GMT
Hi,
Thanks for the email.
I have tried using the MaxMemFree to 100 the with MaxRequestPerChild non
zero.The active process growth is around 15 MB but when I tried to free -m
or vmstat it always shows the memory it is reducing.The amount it gives back
to OS is much lesser than it occupies.

In the particular box only Apache is running no other application process is
running.Also one more observation was when the Apache is stopped the free -m
doesn't result to the original memory restore.We have to reboot the box to
restore the original RAM.Should I try using smaller value for MaxMemFree?
Thanks and regards
-A