httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: Additional log file
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 15:39:42 GMT

On Feb 8, 2008, at 4:16 PM, Wall, Mick wrote:

> I have a requirement to log some additional information to a
> separate log
> file.  Can I do this using some of the existing log API's or will I
> need to
> create my own.

If you have that data in env variables, in the notes table or similar
(or you can get them there from your modules, mod_perl code) etc-
then you can simple add a custom log and write it out that way:

	LogFormat "%a %s %t \"%{User-agent}i\"" %{GeoIP}n %{GeoIP_USfield}n %
{GeoIP_SpeedField}n

will extrat the note called 'GeoIP' from the r->notes table which was
set by a module. If it comes from some java/backend - you can capture
a header %{Foo}o header (but the client gets to see that header too).

Dw