httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: mysql auth module
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 14:20:36 GMT
Seth Cherney wrote:
> OK, I signed onto this list about 4 months ago, and have never seen anything remotely
close to my low level of skill posed as a Q on the list.
> I have been trying to rewrite a mysql login module to include more fields to check /
update.  Certain parts are quite easy, but, basically I could never finish since I understand
nothing of controling memory use etc, and would probably wind up with mem bloat from ...

How about posting the questions?  We can try to walk you through
things.  I had a mod_sam which included about three different tables for
authentication (checking a hosts table to see if they were allowed,
checking the password, and also any restrictions, all from MySQL), so
the resources are available to assist.

(I would do this because the more people that understand a module, the
easier it is for them to troubleshoot should they encounter a problem.)

Joe
--
Joseph Lewis <http://sharktooth.org/>