httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Belau" <peter.be...@anchorfree.com>
Subject RE: Pool child
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 01:31:53 GMT

In my understanding r->pool lasts the duration of the request. As soon as the request is
finished the memory should be marked for cleanup.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marco Spinetti [mailto:m.spinetti@pisa.iol.it]
Sent: Thu 2/7/2008 6:21 AM
To: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Pool child

I have a question about the pool of the child r->pool.
I'm using apache 2.2 with prefork and I set MaxRequestsPerChild 0 (so a
child should never dies).
When my handler starts, I alloc all my needed memory from r->pool.
When the handler finishes, the memory allocated from r->pool is free or not?
Because the child never dies, I'd like to know if I have to free
something or not.
Best regards

Marco