httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: sending provisional response codes from a filter
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 19:56:26 GMT
On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 14:22:23 -0500
"Charles Fry" <fry@google.com> wrote:

> Wow, ap_send_interim_response is great! Thanks for pointing that out.
>
> I got it to work with apparent success by just reusing the
> ap_filter_t's reqeust_rec in my incoming filter, saving the status and
> status code, setting them for the interim call, and then restoring
> them afterwords. Does this sound like the right way to use
> ap_send_interim_response, or should I really be geenrating a new
> request_rec just for this response?

Creating a subrequest just for that would be way OTT.

As for saving and restoring the status.  Hmmm.  Well, it's not
wrong, but if you have to do that much work, then maybe
ap_send_interim_response isn't exactly right.  Just do what
seems right to you, and I expect it'll be at least as good
as [other solution].

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/