httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Giovanni Donelli" <giovanni.done...@gmail.com>
Subject mod_proxy chaining with a .pac file
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:00:39 GMT
Dear mod developers,    I would like my apache proxy (mod_proxy) to take a
.pac file for proxy chaining.
To my understanding I can only set proxy chaining to a single server. This
is very unfortunate because pac is used by a lot of people:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_auto-config

Question number 1:
- is there a way, if you know, to configure apache to support "
Proxy_auto-config" proxy chaining?

if there is not... then I am willing to write a mod to do it, which leads me
to second question:

Question number 2:
- At what stage (which hook) does the actual selection&connection to the
remote server occur? Will it be possible to override it?

THANK YOU!
Giovanni