httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bray <Tim.B...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Debugging httpd
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 05:02:32 GMT
On Jan 9, 2008, at 5:53 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>>> It helps if you remember apr's CFLAGS are trusted by apr-util, httpd
>>> etc, but you need to re - ./configure after rebuilding apr to
>>> utilize
>>> this trick.
>> So... something like this?
>> > rm -rf /usr/local/apr/*
>> > cd srclib/apr
>> > "CFLAGS=-g" ./configure
>> > make
>> > make install
>> > cd ../..
>> > "CFLAGS=-g" ./configure
>
> Nope, if it's in-tree it's all one configure.  I was assuming you
> build
> apr, apr-util and then httpd which is typical on most systems today.

Hmm... I download the source from httpd.apache.org, and it comes with
APR in the tree.

> But just do it once with the cflags and let us know it works.

So far, I can't seem to get a debuggable apr into the build.  It may
be the fact that ./configure is hell-bent on sticking -L/usr/lib in
front of -L/usr/local/apr/lib in $LDFLAGS, so it's probably picking up
the libapr that came with OS X.  I hate to get in and hack the
Makefile itself, but am leaning that way.  -Tim

> I didn't see you do a make clean in that list (?).  Also double check
> that the evil libtool doesn't do a strip {binpath} for your platform.

At the moment, the language does not contain words sufficient to
express the depth of my loathing for autotools.  I'll probably get
over it.  -T