httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Dahl <cdah...@yahoo.com>
Subject Handling multiple requests simultaneously in one thread
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:03:27 GMT
Hi,

  I am trying to design a custom Apache module that will allow me to efficiently stream data
over HTTP to clients. Since many clients will be receiving the same streamed data, I would
prefer to not tie up a thread per client, and instead have a single thread serve a group of
clients.

  Is it possible to get a single thread in Apache to simultaneously handle multiple requests?

  Are there any modules you know about out there that do something like this?

  How do I hand over the request from one thread to the other without request_rec getting
destroyed when the first thread continues with the next request?

  As you may have guessed by now I do not have a lot of experience developing Apache extensions,
which is why the question is quite general. I would however be most grateful if someone could
provide me some pointers/suggestions or let me know if what I am trying to do is impossible.

  Best regards,

  Chris