httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Module] Request External Redirection
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:32:23 GMT
karim Bendadda wrote:
>          I'm writing a module (MyModule_mod.c) wich has an *HTTP request* as
> input . I want to add an information to the request (an integer) and
> redirect it to an *external *server ...Did you know any method for doing
> this?

There are two paths.  The server can PROXY to the external server (e.g.
grab the result from the external server and then relay that to the
client) or it can respond with a Location: header and a status of 302.
Figure out which you wanted to do, and if you struggle to implement it,
let us know.

Joe
--
Joseph Lewis <http://sharktooth.org/>