httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Christina Fu <fu.christ...@gmail.com>
Subject blocking vs non-blocking apr_bucket_read()
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2008 00:18:10 GMT
Hi,

I am writing a connection level input and output filter. I have
confusions about whether to use APR_NONBLOCK_READ or APR_BLOCK_READ when
calling apr_bucket_read() function. Could someone advise the guidelines
of using blocking vs non-blocking bucket read?

I have seen situations when I use APR_NONBLOCK_READ to read a heap
bucket, it returns status of APR_SUCCESS but length is zero. Is this
case, what shall I do with this bucket? shall I read it again with
blocking? or pass it and process the next bucket?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Christina