httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Debugging httpd
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 01:53:42 GMT
Tim Bray wrote:
> On Jan 9, 2008, at 5:16 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>>> Hi... I'm back to work on mod_atom and chasing a weird bug around.
>>> Anyhow I totally can't figure out what some apr code is doing so I
>>> wanted to step into it with the debugger.  This sounds lame, but I
>>> can't figure out how to build an httpd that has APR linked with debug
>>> information.
>>> What are the approved incantations to make an httpd with some control
>>> over the -O and -g options?
>>
>> It helps if you remember apr's CFLAGS are trusted by apr-util, httpd
>> etc, but you need to re - ./configure after rebuilding apr to utilize
>> this trick.
>

> So... something like this?
>
>  > rm -rf /usr/local/apr/*
>
>  > cd srclib/apr
>  > "CFLAGS=-g" ./configure
>  > make
>  > make install

>  > "CFLAGS=-g" ./configure

Nope, if it's in-tree it's all one configure.  I was assuming you build
apr, apr-util and then httpd which is typical on most systems today.

But just do it once with the cflags and let us know it works.

I didn't see you do a make clean in that list (?).  Also double check
that the evil libtool doesn't do a strip {binpath} for your platform.