httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: httpd process CPU 100%
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 17:34:29 GMT
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:20:02 -0500
Christina Fu <fu.christina@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a filter module that runs well most of the time, but
> occasionally there are a few httpd processes reach and stay cpu 100%.
> Any suggestions how to debug this kind of problem?

A difficult one to deal with in the abstract.  If you can find
a particular request that causes it, then recreate it in a debugger
and/or profiler.  Otherwise maybe try some debug statements in
your code.  Or indeed, since it's a filter, insert mod_diagnostics
and look for anything like an infinite stream of zero-length brigades
(unlikely, but ...)

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/