httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Subra A Narayanan" <aswat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Specifying a different target directory for APXS
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 22:37:04 GMT
On Dec 14, 2007 5:10 PM, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:

    >> Now I am trying to (just) compile my module using apxs and I see this
    >> warning
    >>
    >>  *$ /usr/sbin/apxs -c -L /myprj/deps/axis2c/lib -L /myprj/lib/ -l

    >Don't link that stuff in.  You're compiling a module, not the
    >kitchen sink.  Use LoadFile if you need extra libs.

     i removed the unnecessary linking.

    >> axutil -l axis2_engine -l dl -l pthread -l client -l operations -c
    >Some of those, like dl and pthread, should be accessed through APR.
    >Using them directly loses portability.

    I removed dl and pthread linking as well. I still get the same warning.

    >> /myprj/obj/webservices/mod_my.o /myprj/obj/webservices/dispatcher.o
    >Why have you called your source files [name].o?

    those are not the source files but object files. some of them we
generated by a higher level make file. I checked the man page for apxs and
it said that either .c source files or object files could be specified with
the -c option for apxs.

Subra