httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: Memory issue in apache modules
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:40:40 GMT
John Zhang wrote:
> --- Ray Morris <support@bettercgi.com> wrote:
>

>>> I am using the apr_* functions to allocate
>>> memory (most of the time from the request->pool).
>>>
>>    If there are few places where you allocate from
>> othr than the reqquest pool, I'd look at those
>> first.
>>

> I used the bucket/brigade for my data that requires
> the use of request->connection->bucket_alloc.  I read
> a very old post stating that when keep alive is on
> (which is true in my case), then the memory associated
> with the connection will not be freed?  But no answer
> to that post.  Is that a valid concern?

That is a valid concern.  Unfortunately, I do not have an answer to
that, as I have not dug into the apache code itself.  I apologize that I
cannot contribute to an answer in this particular case.

> If so , how
> can I reclaim the connection-related memory or use a
> different memory pool?

Your buckets can still be created using the request->pool .  My created
buckets in my output filter are done that way.  Have you tried it?  You
still use the request->connection->bucket_alloc for the other parameter,
but the request->pool for the memory pool to be used.

Joe
--
Joseph Lewis <http://sharktooth.org/>