httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: http-redirect url gets corrupted in request_rec - apache 2
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 14:39:39 GMT
SAILESH KRISHNAMURTI, BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN wrote:
> Hi Joe, Appreciate the response. thanks  This is similar to what someone else told me
too (that it may be a non-null terminated string issue). The point is how can I debug it further.I
currently am printing all the character portions of the request rec including the headers_out
and err_headers_out to log using fprintf statements to stderr. I think I tried breifly with
ap_log_rerror too... Will try again, but the basic redirection string seems to be getting
properly from what I can see visually in the logs.

Are you saying that once it leaves your module, it is correct?  That
would mean a separate module is corrupting the string.  If the
ap_log_lines show (right before your module exits) the correct
redirection header, then your module is working.

If the log messages in your module are showing the header corrupted,
then between the log line that prints the correct header and the log
line that prints the bad header is where you will find the problem in
the code.  You can narrow this down by adding more lines.

(I know you have thought of this already, but for the sake of the
archives, any time someone ports from a 64 bit environment to a 32 bit
environment, no .so files should be copied.  Never mix and match -
always recompile any 3rd party modules on the target system if an issue
is found, as copied .so's can cause more trouble than they are worth.)

Joe
--
Joseph Lewis <http://sharktooth.org/>