httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From John Zhang <john_zzh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Memory issue in apache modules
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:33:18 GMT

--- Ray Morris <support@bettercgi.com> wrote:

> > I am using the apr_* functions to allocate
> > memory (most of the time from the request->pool).
>
>    If there are few places where you allocate from
> othr than the reqquest pool, I'd look at those
> first.

I used the bucket/brigade for my data that requires
the use of request->connection->bucket_alloc.  I read
a very old post stating that when keep alive is on
(which is true in my case), then the memory associated
with the connection will not be freed?  But no answer
to that post.  Is that a valid concern?  If so , how
can I reclaim the connection-related memory or use a
different memory pool?

Thanks,
John