httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Hammer, Tim" <Tim.Ham...@xerox.com>
Subject mod_ssl
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 19:26:38 GMT
I am attempting to upgrade httpd from 1.3.x to 2.2.x for our web
application. I have managed to get everything building and working,
except SSL support. mod_ssl.so seems to load alright, but at some point
I get a core dump (one occurred during startup/initialization I think,
but I do get servers running; however, when I try to access a page from
a browser, everything dumps again).

All of the core dumps look the same:
#0  apr_bucket_shared_destroy (data=0x0) at
buckets/apr_buckets_refcount.c:47
47      buckets/apr_buckets_refcount.c: No such file or directory.
        in buckets/apr_buckets_refcount.c
(gdb) bt
#0  apr_bucket_shared_destroy (data=0x0) at
buckets/apr_buckets_refcount.c:47
#1  0xb7fc9b61 in heap_bucket_destroy (data=0x0) at
buckets/apr_buckets_heap.c:35
#2  0xb7f67579 in bio_filter_in_read () from
/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so
#3  0x0000000b in ?? () from /lib/libm.so.6

As you can see, the call from mod_ssl.so into the buckets/ code is
passing a null pointer. None of our other modules have been modified to
use buckets. Does mod_ssl require the use of buckets?

Thanks for any info!
.Tim
Xerox Corporation, Office Group

Phone: 585/427-1684
Fax:     585/427-3244
Email:  Tim.Hammer@Xerox.com
Addr:  M/S 0801-80A
           1350 Jefferson Road
           Rochester, NY  14623

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient(s) please contact the sender by reply
Thank you.