httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "SAILESH KRISHNAMURTI, BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN" <skrishnam...@bloomberg.net>
Subject Re: http-redirect url gets corrupted in request_rec - apache 2
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:50:55 GMT
just finished trying that. Same result still seems to have the same garbage characters. Is
there any other debugging technique we can try. Can we force nulll termination of strings.
Are we sure it is a non-null terminated string issue, since the characters are occuring in
the begining of the string. In the past, I think I have noticed them occuring in the middle
also ...

----- Original Message -----
From: Joe Lewis <modules-dev@httpd.apache.org>
To: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org
At: 12/10 12:05:00

SAILESH KRISHNAMURTI, BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN wrote:
> Gotccha, heres what the relevant hook info
> static void someModule_register_hooks (apr_pool_t * p)
> {
>   ap_hook_post_config (Some_init_method, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
>   ap_hook_check_user_id (SomeMethod, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
>   ap_hook_auth_checker (SomeMethod, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
>   ap_hook_access_checker (SomeMethod, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
> }
 Looks like its all using HOOK_MIDLE. You mentioned using
ap_hook_insert_error_filter. Is it okay to use something that talks of inserting
a filter into a module, since modules and filters are supposed to be distinct
animals. This could just be a novice question, but just thought Id clarify
beforehand.

I only inserted the example register hook function in because you had
not answered the question for what kind of hook was being used (and
until we know, we can only guess).  Try changing APR_HOOK_MIDDLE to
APR_HOOK_LAST, recompile/install, and see if that changes what you see
in the log files.

Joe

P.S. - "Top posting" isn't very effective - it makes following the
e-mail thread that much more difficult.  Try posting your responses
after the necessary text to which you are replying.
--
Joseph Lewis <http://sharktooth.org/>