httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "SAILESH KRISHNAMURTI, BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN" <skrishnam...@bloomberg.net>
Subject Re: http-redirect url gets corrupted in request_rec - apache 2
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 16:55:55 GMT
Gotccha, heres what the relevant hook info
static void someModule_register_hooks (apr_pool_t * p)
{
  ap_hook_post_config (Some_init_method, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
  ap_hook_check_user_id (SomeMethod, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
  ap_hook_auth_checker (SomeMethod, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
  ap_hook_access_checker (SomeMethod, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
}                                                                               Looks like
its all using HOOK_MIDLE. You mentioned using ap_hook_insert_error_filter. Is it okay to use
something that talks of inserting a filter into a module, since modules and filters are supposed
to be distinct animals. This could just be a novice question, but just thought Id clarify
beforehand.
----- Original Message -----
From: Joe Lewis <modules-dev@httpd.apache.org>
To: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org
At: 12/10 11:44:10

SAILESH KRISHNAMURTI, BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN wrote:
> Hi, Could you let me know the syntax. I did a quick search for seting 'apache-
registration to LAST" and couldnt find it.

ap_hook_insert_error_filter(insert_my_error_filter, NULL, NULL,
APR_HOOK_LAST);

The last parameter specifies where we are to run.  Other options include
APR_HOOK_MIDDLE and APR_HOOK_FIRST.  Not all hooks use the same
parameters, which is why I asked what hooks you were registering, and how.

Additionally, those NULL and NULL parameters specify the modules that
this hook should run after, and also the list of modules that should run
before ours.

--
Joseph Lewis <http://sharktooth.org/>