httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: http-redirect url gets corrupted in request_rec - apache 2
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 14:48:17 GMT
thanks again, yeah Ive logged it using fprintf statements upto the return(HTTP_REDIRECT) point
of code at which point I assume it exits the code. Its also pretty much the last module being
added as part of the LoadModule line of statements in the http. Is there anyway to make sure
that no other module is interfering with this modules memory space. I am trying to recompile
from scratch on Solaris in this case. If there is any other stategy (other than an so) that
 I can use, do let me know, as long as it dosent involve recompiling apache etc.. since this
will one day find its way to production and recompiling production apache aint gonna happen

----- Original Message -----
From: Joe Lewis <>
At: 12/10  9:40:16

> Hi Joe, Appreciate the response. thanks  This is similar to what someone else
told me too (that it may be a non-null terminated string issue). The point is
how can I debug it further.I currently am printing all the character portions of
the request rec including the headers_out and err_headers_out to log using
fprintf statements to stderr. I think I tried breifly with ap_log_rerror too...
Will try again, but the basic redirection string seems to be getting properly
from what I can see visually in the logs.

Are you saying that once it leaves your module, it is correct?  That
would mean a separate module is corrupting the string.  If the
ap_log_lines show (right before your module exits) the correct
redirection header, then your module is working.

If the log messages in your module are showing the header corrupted,
then between the log line that prints the correct header and the log
line that prints the bad header is where you will find the problem in
the code.  You can narrow this down by adding more lines.

(I know you have thought of this already, but for the sake of the
archives, any time someone ports from a 64 bit environment to a 32 bit
environment, no .so files should be copied.  Never mix and match -
always recompile any 3rd party modules on the target system if an issue
is found, as copied .so's can cause more trouble than they are worth.)

Joseph Lewis <>