httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Ralf Mattes ...@seid-online.de>
Subject Re: Specifying a different target directory for APXS
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 18:30:33 GMT
On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 11:05 -0500, Subra A Narayanan wrote:
> Joe,
>
> Thanks for ur response.
>
> The reason I wanted to change the target directory was because my apache
> module is being compiled as one of the components of a much larger makefile.
> All the other shared libraries generated by this make file, are copied in a
> particular directory and hence I wanted my apache module to go in to that
> directory as well. As you suggested, I could copy the .so file to whatever
> directory I want later on, but I am not sure if such copying ig generally
> done in a makefile.

That's the approach I would choose (I do for packaging my modules into
Debian packages). Why wouldn't you copy in a Makefile? Just add another
dependency:

your_very_Special_path/your_module.so: your_module.slo
	cp .libs/your_module.so
your_very_Special_path/your_module.so

> I did try to directly use gcc to compile my apache module so that I could
> specify any target directory but ran in to another issue which is detailed
> here =>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-modules-dev/200711.mbox/%3c489947c0711271021m1ac26237n4c9fc5f0db8234f4@mail.gmail.com%3e
>
> I didnt receive any helpful responses to that posting thats why I am trying
> to use apxs.

I got the impression that everyone considered this a no-so-good
idea ....

 HTH Ralf Mattes