httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Lotspeich <e...@lotspeich.org>
Subject Re: Help: How to call function on Apache quitA
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:49:08 GMT
Hi Nick,

Thank you for your response.

I tried this approach initially.  I may have been using it incorrectly,
however.  What I tried was setting up the cleanup function with the
process pool itself as data.  The reason for this is that I wanted to
retrieve some data via apr_pool_userdata_get() in order to do the
necessary cleanup.  This didn't work -- is it possible that the pool is
already "partial destroyed" when the cleanup function is called?  I
noticed that the Apache logging facilities don't appear to work in the
cleanup function either.

I am also curious why apr_pool_note_subprocesses() does not appear to
work.  This function seems ideal for my purpose; am I using it
incorrectly?

Your book is excellent, by the way.  Having a clearly-written definitive
resource has saved me countless hours.

Regards,

Erik.