httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Lotspeich <e...@lotspeich.org>
Subject Help: How to call function on Apache quitA
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:15:17 GMT
Hi,

I apologize in advance if this is a newbie question, but I haven't been able to
find the answer anywhere else.

The basic question is: how to execute code when Apache quits.  I've seen
this question posted in the mailing list archives -- but there were no

I believe that apr_pool_note_subprocess is the correct function for what I'm
trying to do.  I have some processes I've spawned from my Apache module and I
want to kill these processes when Apache quits.  I called
apr_pool_note_subprocesses() with arguments of the process pool
(s->process->pool where s is a pointer to server_rec), a pointer to the process
structure and APR_KILL_AFTER_TIMEOUT for the "how" argument. When I stop
Apache, my processes are still running and have not been given any signals.

Is there something I'm missing here?  Is there a better way to accomplish what
I want?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Erik.