httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart Roll" <sr...@symantec.com>
Subject RE: Weird error across connections - keepalive, timeouts, HTTP 413
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 22:06:31 GMT
Thanks, moving this thread to the dev list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Lewis [mailto:joe@joe-lewis.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 4:39 PM
To: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Weird error across connections - keepalive, timeouts, HTTP
413

Nick Kew wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:57:09 -0700
> "Stuart Roll" <sroll@symantec.com> wrote:
>> It smells like some bad state carries over from one connection to
>> another but I don't know how that could happen.
>>

> I can believe something like that might be happening, though I'm
> reluctant to get involved unless we can devise a reproducible
testcase.

If you can reproduce that with the prefork MPM (with only a single
process, e.g. prefork and running it with a -X) as well as the worker,
it may be a little easier to narrow down once it is logged.

That is all I can add to this thread. I'd be a fish out of water on this
one. (If I needed to I could get involved, but Nick is right - dev may
be a better resource). Perhaps pull the custom module out in a test case
to see if you can reproduce it with stock software?

Joe
--
Joseph Lewis <http://sharktooth.org/>