httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Carleton" <scarle...@miltonstreet.com>
Subject how to append to strings...
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 05:05:25 GMT
I am rewriting part of my module to use expat, a parse I have used in
years gone by.  I know it, I sort of even like it and my XML is pretty
simple, except... I need to extract one text element.   I know that
even though the text I need is in one continues line in the XML, expat
can and at times will call my handler multiple times for that one
continues string.

The question is:  What is the correct way to append all the pieces of
XML that I am going to get from expat into one string?  I recall
reading somewhere that Apache has a really slick way of being able to
break up a string into pieces so that one can quickly inject something
in the middle without having to move any memory around.  What ever it
is called, I am thinking that is the right solution: build an array of
the strings and use this feature of apache to put them together.

Am I on the right track?  If so, can someone enlighten me as to what
exactly I should be looking up in my "Writing Apache Modules with Perl
and C" book?

Sam