httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From John Zhang <john_zzh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: apache 2.0.61 do not read config settings
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 20:34:34 GMT

--- Joe Lewis wrote:

> John Zhang wrote:
> > --- Joe Lewis wrote:
> >
> >> Comment out the IfModule pieces surrounding your
> >> directive just to eliminate one more thing.
> >>

> >     Commenting out the IfModule does make it work!
>
> > Now, how do I figure out the EXACT module name?
>
> When you compile your module using apxs, there could
> (or should) be a -n
> option.  This is specifying the module name and is
> required in -g, but
> "guessed" in a -i mode.  Just type "man apxs" for
> more information.  Use
> that name when testing an IfModule.

Thanks for the help.  I never used apxs.  My module
was   compiled using Visual studio.  Through debugging
the apache code here is what I found out:
In apache 2.2x, I can say
LoadModule my_module "the location of my
module/mod_my.so"
<IfModule my_module>
</IfModule>

but in 2.0, I have to change the IfModule to
<IfModule mod_my.c>

With <IfModule my_module>, the entire block is skipped
because it cannot find a model with name "my_module".

Not sure if this the right way.  Any comments would be
preciated.

Thanks,
John