httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Southern <the_angry_an...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject The problem with mod_dav..
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2007 20:30:59 GMT
.. is that if you want to add further methods then mod_dav itself needs
to be modified. I spoke briefly with Nick on IRC a few days ago and the
inference appeared to be that I was right and things needed to change
with mod_dav. Or I needed to basically emulate half of the behaviour
found in mod_dav already. Which seems to be pointless.

Right now I've only got one /partially/-sane idea whereby mod_dav gets
completely ripped to pieces and the provider api gets replaced by a new
one where a provider module can itself register functions against methods
i.e. something like dav_hook_reg("METHODNAME", functionpointer, ...)
which would register an entry in a linked list, for that provider,
within mod_dav. The mod_dav handler would then traverse this list and
execute the relevant hook(s).

Can anyone see any big flaws with that? Other than breaking every dav
provider?

Regards,
Karl