httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From ed <ed-h...@s5h.net>
Subject Re: trick/tips for finding memory leaks
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:12:43 GMT
On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 20:16:00 -0500
"Sam Carleton" <scarleton@miltonstreet.com> wrote:

> Thanks to the performance tools of my OS I have confirmed that
> somewhere in my Apache module there is a memory leak.  Are there any
> tips or tricks out there for find memory leaks in an Apache module?

Run inside gdb as a single process, not forking any background
processes, -X i think. Then step through your code to see where the
leak is.

Generally speaking, if you're using apr routines then they should
handle the memory resources for you, there should be little need for
allocating on the heap.

--
The 28.8 frame relay to the Netapp is smelling funky because of All
your base are belong to us. Sun Microsystems is havin' a smoke.