httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Weird error across connections - keepalive, timeouts, HTTP 413
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 21:30:43 GMT
On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:57:09 -0700
"Stuart Roll" <sroll@symantec.com> wrote:

> I have encountered a very weird error and I wanted to run it by this
> list before I try filing a bug report.

The dev@httpd list would be more appropriate.  But I guess I'd
give you the same answer there.

> Here's the weird part... When the new request comes in on the new
> connection, my module gets control normally but when it invokes
> ap_get_client_block() it hangs for the configured Timeout value before
> returning -1.  Debugging the Apache code a bit, I found that
> http_protocol.c:ap_http_filter() receives APR_TIMEUP (70007) from
> ap_get_brigade().  This falls through the code and erroneously gets
> reported as a 413 error by ap_http_filter().

That looks like a bug to me.  A quick look at http_filter suggests
it might be coming from around line 317 (in the svn 2.2.x version).
If you can confirm or deny that, and supply any more detail you can
figure out, it'll help with fixing it.

> It smells like some bad state carries over from one connection to
> another but I don't know how that could happen.

I can believe something like that might be happening, though I'm
reluctant to get involved unless we can devise a reproducible testcase.

> Any ideas from you gurus out there?  I'm starting to get out of my
> level of expertise here! ;)

Metoo.  If noone posts a better answer here, you might try dev@.
There are more folks there than here familiar with the relevant code.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/