httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Julian Williams" <juw1...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Problem setting new HTTP headers from an input filter
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 15:08:07 GMT
On 10/10/07, Joe Lewis <joe@joe-lewis.com> wrote:
> Julian Williams wrote:

[snip]

> > My code uses calls to apr_table_set to create the headers e.g.
> >
> >       apr_table_set(r->subprocess_env, "HTTP_SAMS_USER", uid);
> >

> Try :
>
> apr_table_set(r->headers_in, "HTTP_SAMS_USER", uid);
>

> in addition to the subprocess_env table set?  (Just in case you aren't
> getting to a subprocess?)

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to make any difference. My filter also
sets the REMOTE_USER header (using r->user) which is being logged
correctly in the apache access log. However the web service
application doesn't pick it up which suggests that it's environment is
setup prior to the filter processing. (It is able to see other
standard server variables such as SERVER_NAME)

Thanks,
Julian Williams