httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Sven K├Ągi <Sven.Ka...@trivadis.com>
Subject AW: Filter function is called three times
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:35:57 GMT
Hi again,

Thanks for your hints.

>If the request is for a directory, you may see three separate requests,
>each one ending in the DirectoryIndex options (e.g. /dir/index.html
>/dir/index.htm, /dir/index.cgi, etc).  These are typically subrequests
>that a single request generates if the request doesn't match a file
>directly.

I tried that out by typing in <myurl>/filtered/index.html to match
the file directly (besides this stuff is configured as <Location> and
not as <Directory>) with the same results I had when I typed <myurl>/filtered/.

>For fully understanding these, try logging the request URI.
The request-URI is always /filtered/index.html.

Interestingly its even the same if I type in an error.
My logs then say that first my input filter is called exactly once.
Then the content-handler is called saying "File does not exist" and then
again my filter is called twice more as in the sample before.

>It could also be related to a browsers ability to request just the
>headers (via HEAD) or a full document (via GET) for caching.
I think I should see that in the access file. Right?
In the access file I only see one GET - request.

>I'd suggest logging a few of the request_rec fields just to be sure.
This I haven't tried until now. I'll try that out and see what I can figure out.

Thanks for your help again.

Sven