httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: Have you tried to compile mod_auth_ldap??
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:13:43 GMT
I apologize for cluttering up all of the mailboxes on this list.  I am
sending this response back out to the list so that is is archived for
any search lists (if anyone tries this in the future).  The answer isn't
necessarily good, but it does work.

DISCLAIMER : Please note that this list doesn't support this extension -
but if questions on compiling or coding or porting a module arise, we
can help as long as people do a little leg work.  I only jumped in
because I've used the module before.  I am not the author.

Now, to the battlements :

I dropped back to the 2.12 (which is a subsequent version of the one I
have on my BSD server).  I pulled down the source, and tried to compile
it (it claimed to work with Apache 2.0, and I've had great success
moving modules from 2.0 to 2.2.x).

Note, this test was not done on the BSD server, but on a SLES
"wonderland" server.  Once configured using the line :

 ./configure --with-apache-dir=/usr/ --with-ldap-dir=/usr/

and adding the /usr/sbin/apxs2 to the APXS= setting in the Makefile (I'm
on SuSE, again), I tried to run a "make", which failed with the same
errors.  Apparently, the author of the module went back to 1.3.x
mentality and had the same include line in there that was failing for
you - so 2.2 is struggling with that.  I changed from "ap_compat.h" to
"apr_compat.h", and tried it again.

This time it failed on "APR_XOffsetOf" - which is not defined anywhere.
After changing all occurrences of this to "APR_OFFSETOF", (and also an
"ap_array_header_t" to "apr_array_header_t"), it compiles.  But it
complains that it isn't portable due to the lib-tool used.  This could
be system-specific (I'm guessing that it is).  You will end up with a
mod_auth_ldap.so in a .libs/ directory, and you should be able to use that.

I strongly suggest that you take this information back to the original
author.  We can't fix the code for the author on that website, and since
Karim has already tried, I suggest Karim continue to do so.  The same
include issues will exist in the 3.11 version.  I don't know what else
is in that one.

Joe

karim Bendadda wrote:

>     <http://www.muquit.com/muquit/software/mod_auth_ldap/mod_auth_ldap_apache2.html>
>     >     >     >
>     >     >     > I think that's compile but the make doesn't work. I
>     tried
>     >     to contact
>     >     >     > the author he doesn't answer...

This is too bad.  It had a good life as an extension.  The current
modules shipping with the apache source should suffice for what I need
in the future.

Joe
--
Joseph Lewis <http://sharktooth.org/>