httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Where is the right place to setup a connection pool?
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:58:17 GMT
On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:41:59 -0700 (PDT)
John Zhang <john_zzhang@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am writing a module talking to a remote server that
> handles the real work.  I need to build/keep a pool of
> connections for reuse almong the different Apache
> worker threads.

Further to my previous reply ...

What you wrote sounds broadly proxy-like.  Maybe all you
need to write is a protocol provider module for mod_proxy,
and leave mod_proxy to take care of connection pooling?
mod_proxy already supports applications protocols
(mod_proxy_ajp, mod_proxy_fcgi) in addition to the more
traditional proxy protocols (mod_proxy_http, mod_proxy_ftp).

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/