httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Help: Apache Input filter
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 09:32:46 GMT
On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 14:55:57 +0530
Mohit_Garg01 <Mohit_Garg01@infosys.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My application has an apache input filter which reads the large
> amount of POST data at one go and writes on to the back end server.
> We want that reads are maintained in chunks and then those chunks are
> written onto the backend server.

"the backend server"?

If your application involves a backend server, it should be managed
by a handler, not an input filter.  You should probably use mod_proxy,
with you own protocol handler if necessary.

> How can the filter read the data in chunks and write it? Lets say it
> reads one brigade at a time.

The filter doesn't write data.  It returns data to its caller.
That normally happens in chunks.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/