httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wortham" <djwort...@gmail.com>
Subject Testing with multiple installs of Apache (different versions; installed but not running)
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 23:22:43 GMT
Hello again module developers!

I am a module developer with a little experience.  I'm not looking for
everyday sysadmin info.

When my module went public, I noticed that there were some notable
differences between 2.0 and 2.2... which makes me wonder if it is
possible to install of 2.0.x and 2.2.x on the same OS.  I'm only
hoping they can be installed at the same time... they don't need to
run simultaneously.

I'm wondering if the APR libs are stored in the --prefix directory or
somewhere else. Clearly they won't be happy neighbors if one install
clobbers the libraries of the other.

Does anyone have any experience with this?  I'm hoping to be able to
dev-test my module in 2.0 and 2.2 without having to run another
machine.

Thanks,
Dave