httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From gromeck <grom...@gromeck.de>
Subject My module configuration and AddHandler
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:19:18 GMT
Hi everybody,

I am about to port my Apache 1.3 modules to Apache 2.2.
The modules are compile-clean and load into the httpd.

But I am having some trouble:

in Apache 1.3 I defined a handler for per-directory configuration
and I set an AddHandler directive in the config file like this

<Directory /mygifs/>
   AddHandler mymodule .gif
</Directory>

This worked fine: my module only get requests for *.gif files
in the directory /mygifs/.

Now, in Apache 2.2, my module will be called for every request
to the webserver!

I already scanned the documentation. Is this the new behaviour?

I added a configuration directive to my module to enable the
module explicit with something like:

<Directory /mygifs/>
   MyModuleEnable on
</Directory>

Now I get only requests for this directory, but for all types
of files. Do I have to filter out the extension on my own?
Doesn't help AddHandler any longer?

Any ideas?

Schönen Gruss -- gromeck