httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: Versioning a module?
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 20:43:09 GMT
On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 09:39:36AM -0700, Tim Bray wrote:
> I'm getting towards the point where I'm going to bless a build of
> mod_atom as 0.5 or something and actually encourage people to use it.
>
> So... is there a convention on how to version a module?  Presumably
> there are cases where a client would like to query the module
> version?    -Tim

It used to be that you could just stick it into the server header and be
done with it, but with recent trends of security "experts" telling
everyone to go ServerTokens Prod, that doesn't really fly.
I can't currently remember any modules that does anything like this, as
most I can think of are really the server checking up on the client.
Adding a custom header seems like the obvious choice.

vh

Mads Toftum
--
http://soulfood.dk