httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Vitale <cvit...@us.ibm.com>
Subject flagging content input errors
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 20:46:49 GMT

Hello,

I'm working on a linux Apache 2.0.59 input content filter that occasionally
finds something it doesn't like. When this happens I usually return
APR_EGENERAL and for normal html files life is good. Apache will return a
400 error.

When my handler is php, this doesn't seem to be enough. It looks like the
php 5.2.3 sapi module disregards my APR_EGENERAL when it calls
ap_get_brigade() and continues processing the request. I've also set
r->status to 403 on these requests. This returns a page with a 403 status
code and the normal php output body content. Nice.

Is there anything else I can do to communicate that my module has given
this request a big thumbs down?

Thanks,

vitale