httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bray <Tim.B...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Module initialization
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 21:20:24 GMT

On Aug 1, 2007, at 1:48 PM, Farokh Irani wrote:

> I must just be dense, but I've spent a whole bunch of time trying
> to figure exactly how I can put initialization code into my module.
> It's code that needs to run only once when apache (2.2.x) is
> starting up, so any pointers would be appreciated.

oops, incomplete answer:

static int your_routine(apr_pool_t * p_conf, apr_pool_t * p_log,
apr_pool_t * p_temp);

/* register our interests */
static void hooks(apr_pool_t * p)
{
   ap_hook_pre_config(your_routine, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
}

module AP_MODULE_DECLARE_DATA atom_module = {
   STANDARD20_MODULE_STUFF,
   NULL,                       /* create per-directory config
structure */
   NULL,                       /* merge per-directory config
structures */
   NULL,                       /* create per-server config structure */
   NULL,                       /* merge per-server config structures */
   directives,                 /* handle config directive */
   hooks                       /* registrar */
};