httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Carleton" <scarle...@miltonstreet.com>
Subject finding a crash
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 13:38:59 GMT
I have a really annoying bug in my code somewhere, I don't know where.
 To top it off, it is not consistent!  My first thought is to simply
rewrite the whole thing, it isn't a major peice of code and I think I
got a bit carried away in making it C++ when it should really be
simply C code, but...  I though I might ask here first if there are
any clever tricks to finding crashes...

I am working in Windows XP with VC6, so I am able to debug the code.
When it crashes, all that I can determine is that one of the pointers
in the conf structure is invalid.  What is really strange is that this
code will work for hundreds of calls but then all of a sudden it
simply crashes.

What is the best approach to try to find this bug?  Are there any
special tricks folks could pass on to me?

Sam