httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Harrison ...@pixar.com>
Subject giving a filename hint to the browser?
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 18:41:16 GMT
I have a module that is serving out images in various formats
and resolution.  Our canonical format is:

/operation/image/resolution

for example, to get a jpeg thumbnail of foo.tif 256 pixels:

http://myserver/thumb/foo.tif/256-wide-jpg

This is all working well now and fits in with how other parts
of our system think about images, but I'm curious if there is a
way to hint to the browser a "save-as" filename.  Currently
if you save the file (or drag the image to the desktop),
the default name will be "256-wide-jpg.jpg", and it might be
nice to save it as "foo.tif.thumbnail.jpg" or some such.

Many TIA!
Mark