httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Decompression with Bucket Brigade
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 06:44:55 GMT
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 10:12:47 +0530
prasanna <prasana@msys-tech.com> wrote:

> I have added filter as below in conf file.
>
> AddOutputFilter INFLATE;URLParser;DEFLATE html

I take it this is a proxy?  (If not, why are the contents coming
from the backend ever compressed?)

That scenario is exactly what the INFLATE output filter was
written for, with parsing modules such as mod_proxy_html and
mod_publisher (both of which process links) in the middle.
It works, though there are also some recently-fixed bugs,
so if you're using something older than 2.2.5 you could
usefully upgrade.

> and also i am using apr_bucket_copy in my module, but whenever i use
> this i got segmentation fault, is there anything behind this?

Sounds like you're using it wrong.

> Is there any way to solve this problems!

See my .sig and/or my existing modules :-)

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/