httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Storing Session Information
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 21:54:57 GMT
On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 18:44:49 -0300
Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman <buanzo@buanzo.com.ar> wrote:

Is that really necessary on a mailing list?

> Is anyone aware of any apache modules that is using mod_dbd, or other
> methods, to store session information? I'm adding session management
> to mod_openpgp, and was wondering about the best and most flexible
> (for mod_openpgp's end-user) options.

What kind of session information?  SQL is a big overhead unless
you need a complex structure.  Can you use DBM or memcache?

But yes, it's perfectly feasible.  Just map your session management
to database operations (i.e. design what you need to do), then
code it.

[I presume you have a need for serverside session information
to be shared across all workers, or you wouldn't have asked.]

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/