httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Farokh Irani <far...@mcfsoftware.com>
Subject Re: APXS question
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 02:18:15 GMT
>On 7/22/07, Farokh Irani <farokh@mcfsoftware.com> wrote:
>>/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs -i -n mod_fancy .libs/mod_fancy.so
>>.libs/config.so
>>/usr/local/apache2/build/instdso.sh
>>SH_LIBTOOL='/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool' .libs/mod_fancy.so
>>/usr/local/apache2/modules
>>/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --mode=install cp .libs/mod_fancy.so
>>/usr/local/apache2/modules/
>>cp .libs/mod_fancy.so /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_fancy.so
>>Warning!  dlname not found in /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_fancy.so.
>>Assuming installing a .so rather than a libtool archive.
>>chmod 755 /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_fancy.so
>>/usr/local/apache2/build/instdso.sh
>>SH_LIBTOOL='/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool' .libs/config.so
>>/usr/local/apache2/modules
>>/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --mode=install cp .libs/config.so
>>/usr/local/apache2/modules/
>>cp .libs/config.so /usr/local/apache2/modules/config.so
>>Warning!  dlname not found in /usr/local/apache2/modules/config.so.
>>Assuming installing a .so rather than a libtool archive.
>
>Was this msg truncated? I didn't see the same error as in the start of
>this thread.

Hmm. Well, that's the most recent set of errors :)

>It does unfortunately look like you're invoking apxs in such a way as
>to install two DSO's, not to link two pieces of object code into a
>single DSO.

I tried to use the .la files (as you mentioned in a different message) as in:
apxs -i -n mod_fancy mod_fancy.la config.la

Unfortunately, apxs generated two .so files, mod_fancy.so and
config.so. It seems that apxs doesn't want to link multiple .la files
into one .so as it does if I passed it .cpp files.

I think that what I'm going to have to do is to create a single
library out of everything and then use apxs to install that. Anyone
have thoughts on that?

Thanks.
--

Farokh
MCF Software...simply dependably engineered