httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Farokh Irani <far...@mcfsoftware.com>
Subject Re: APXS troubles
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2007 03:39:35 GMT
>On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 14:39 +0200, Mike wrote:
>>  On 7/20/07, Farokh Irani <farokh@mcfsoftware.com> wrote:
>>  > So, somewhere there is still something going on with .c vs .cpp. I'll
>>  > poke at apxs a bit and see if I can figure out why, but a crash
>>  > course in perl wasn't what I was looking at doing right now :)
>>  So you mean a change from *.cpp to *.c is the only real working
>>  solution? That's strange but anyway it works now...
>
>Well - from what I can observe this seems to be a bug in libtool itself
>(why did I expect this, given libtools poor C++ support?).
>The final link command emitted by apxs seems to be (my reindentation):
>
>/usr/share/apr-1.0/build/libtool --silent --mode=link \
>     --tag=disable-static g++ -o mod_fancy.la  \
>     -rpath /usr/lib/apache2/modules -module -avoid-version \
>      config.cpp mod_fancy.cpp
>
>Note that apxs is passing source file names to libtool. This doesn't
>seem to work. Passing the '.libs/mod_fancy.o .libs/config.o' seems a
>quick fix. I wonder if it's worth the effort.
>NOTE: I've sucessfully compiled C++ modules, but 'I somehow always give
>my sorce files '*.c' extentions.

I took a further look at apxs, and it appears that the bad coding for
the source files continues. In my apxs around line 406, you'll find
the following:

    foreach $s (@srcs) {
         my $slo = $s;
         $slo =~ s|\.c$|.slo|;
         my $lo = $s;
         $lo =~ s|\.c$|.lo|;
         my $la = $s;
         $la =~ s|\.c$|.la|;
         my $o = $s;

When I replaced the .c in the above with .cpp, everything worked fine
using .cpp. Now, I'm not sure if the perl from the first fix:

if ( $f =~ m/\.c(c|pp){0,1}$/i ) instead of

can somehow be used in the above, but I'm sure that someone with perl
experience should be able to point out how to fix it.
--

Farokh
MCF Software...simply dependably engineered