httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Farokh Irani <far...@mcfsoftware.com>
Subject Re: APXS troubles
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:01:29 GMT
>There's a typo.  It should be:
>
>   if ( $f =~ m/\.c(c|pp){0,1}$/i )

OK, that seemed to work, but the .so file is once again an empty library.

I then recompiled using .c as the extension, but when I tried to load
apache, it complained of an unknown symbol, something with
_gxx_personality. Mike suggested that I force the stdc++ library to
be used by using -lstdc++ to apxs. So I tried it as such:
apxs2 -ic -S CC=g++ -lstdc++ -n mod_fancy mod_fancy.c config.c
and now apache loads without complaint and it works. When I hit the
IP address, I get the correct output.

So, somewhere there is still something going on with .c vs .cpp. I'll
poke at apxs a bit and see if I can figure out why, but a crash
course in perl wasn't what I was looking at doing right now :)
--

Farokh
MCF Software...simply dependably engineered